Sunday, 18 January 2009

Weather to be afraid of

The Mist. This makes two films which have affected me recently. The other one was The Orphanage.
The Mist was beyond what I ever expected from a film named after a weather effect. I'm not even sure what to say, the ending was just completely and utterly heart-wrenchingly tragic. It was the type of ending where you just sit there thinking - no....no...no....no.....noo.......nooo and so on for a few days.
As for the creatures, they almost took a back seat compared to the violence of the people. It was about half and half by the time the others took off in the car.
It seems to be a film concentrated on the varying pschology of human beings, our reactions in extreme situations and the influence of others.
The decision whether to put your life in the hands of others or your own in this event came with questionable reasoning. It was shocking and unbelievable at times but that's what makes for a good film when it comes down to it.
I really want to watch it again but, I really don't.

I recommend watching the orphanage aswell unless you have a tendancy of paranoia when it comes to horror films, like myself.
Again, an ending not to be missed, but a disturbing path along the way. I won't go into details because I feel the paranoia coming back lol, just watch it.