Monday, 16 March 2009

Fire in the sky

While wasting my time flipping channels on the picture box one night, I came across a scene that just kept me watching. I had no idea what film this was or what it was about. The scene is actually a pretty typical sci-fi alien abduction but I thought the imagery and atmosphere was very well done considering.

This is the scene split in two on youtube if you want to see:



I've also got into war films a lot more; I just thought they were all the same but I like watching ones that revolve around significant stories and characters particularly if they're based on true events even though that kind of makes it worse. I know jarhead is not an example of a "real" war film but I loved the scenes in the desert at night with all the oil holes set alight; makes for some great images.