Monday, 5 April 2010

This is how my markers experiment went; before & after:




I really like this exercise, probably because the markers do the work for you and add texture without making it look forced. However, a disadvantage is the lack of perspective in random markings, so you have to work around that. It is good practise in seeing shapes though and something I'd like to continue and progress at, adding more detail and more believable lighting and so on.

My other uni projects are coming along too; I keep flitting from one to another; which seems to work as I'm kept busy but I'd rather have a smaller list of things to complete. I think I should wrap up some 2D pieces in the next couple of days.
Preferring organic shapes over mechanical is a slight problem when it comes to drawing vehicles in perspective though; damn curves all over the place.